Monday, April 26, 2010

Abortion: What Is It?

Imagine the following conversation between two lady friends as they bump into each other in the grocery store:

“Hi Anita, how are you? I haven’t seen you in months!”

“Oh, I’m getting by. You know me, Lisa, a little morning sickness can’t keep me down for long.”

“I can see that! You’re looking great. When are you due?”


“Only three weeks to go. We’re almost done turning the spare room into a nursery.”

“Wow, that’s great, Anita. Do you know what it’s going to be?”

“Well, initially John and I wanted it to be a surprise but the suspense was just too much. We went in and found out what it was just last week. It’s a girl!”

“Uh huh….and…”

Lisa’s facial expression surprised Anita. It seemed as if she didn’t hear her.

“It’s going to be a girl, Lisa, just what John and I wanted!”

“Ok, ok, if you don’t want to tell me that’s alright. I’ll be surprised.”

“What do you mean Lisa? I just told you twice that it’s a girl.”

“Yeah, but that only tells me the sex. I want to know what it is. You know…..”

“Gosh, Lisa, I guess I don’t know. What do you want me to tell you?”

“Well, for crying out loud, Anita, is it a human being?!?!”

“What else would it be, Lisa, a frog?”

Obviously this conversation is absurd but it shows us something important.
No one really questions whether the unborn is human or not; this is common sense. It also supports a well known biological law that states that life only comes from preceding life, and reproduction occurs in kind (hence, the word, reproduction).
In other words, pregnant elephants give birth to elephants, not mice, pregnant dogs give birth to dogs, not cats, and pregnant humans give birth to humans, not frogs. Or, put another way, what else would it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment