Monday, July 6, 2009

Be Afraid


I listen to an absurd number of podcasts.

Recently, a pastor from Acts 29 Network named Darrin Patrick said some things worth thinking about.

He was addressing pastors and leaders at a church-planting conference. His talk was on the topic of being centered on the gospel of Jesus Christ and not centered on buildings, programs, numerical growth and other secondary things that many pastors spend so much time on. He was pressing the importance of confession of sins, faults, frailties and weaknesses and our being able to recognize when we are trying to hide them.

Here are the quotes:

"I am afraid that my gospel proclamation is better than my gospel application"
"I am afraid that my skill growth is outpacing my character growth"
"I am concerned for myself that my pastoral passion is yielding to professionalism"
"I am concerned for you that you will settle for a church instead of a movement"

What are you afraid of?

No comments:

Post a Comment